Bali Visa Info – Tegenungan Waterfall is one of the waterfalls in Gianyar Regency. This waterfall is very popular among travelers, local tourists and foreign tourists also enliven this tourist spot every day.
This tourist spot is the only waterfall closest to Denpasar City. From downtown Denpasar it is only about 17.7 km.
Tegenungan Waterfall has another name, namely Kemenuh Waterfall because its location is right in Kemenuh Village, Gianyar.
Interesting Things in Tegenungan Waterfall
Tegenungan waterfall has a height of about 15 meters. Although not so high, this waterfall has a fairly heavy airflow. The splash of the exhaled air was cool and welcome.
The source of the flow of Tegenungan Waterfall comes from the Tukad Petanu River. The river has clean and clear water flow.
To get to the flow of Tegenungan Waterfall, you have to descend hundreds of stairs. The clear water and the beauty of the natural scenery around the waterfall are the main treats of this tourist destination.
For lovers of extreme tourism, you can challenge yourself by plunging directly into the pool of water under the waterfall.
There is a small fountain
Here there is also a small fountain, here you can play with the clarity of the water. But still pay attention to cleanliness, do not throw garbage carelessly.
If you are not interested in coming into contact with water, you can sit back and enjoy the beautiful natural scenery.
There is Beji Temple and Public Bath
Around the Tegenungan waterfall there is Beji Temple which is used for self-purification. Then there is also a public bath, which is used by the local community. The baths are deliberately divided into two places for men and women.
Location and Operational Hours of Tegenungan Waterfall
Jl. Ir. Sutami, Kemenuh, Kec. Sukawati, Gianyar Regency, Bali 80581.
Operational hour :
Every day, 06.30 – 18.30 WITA
For the price of admission, you don’t need to spend too much, only around Rp. 20,000,-.
To reach this waterfall, you can depart from Denpasar, which is about 16 kilometers. Taken in about 45 minutes of travel.
For transportation, because there is no public transportation to reach the location, it is recommended that you rent a car/motorcycle. You can also use taxis online or offline.
Facility in Tegenungan Waterfall
- Food stalls
- Shower for bath
- Parking lot
Nearby Tourism Tegenungan Waterfall
- Ubud village rice terraces
- Tampaksiring, you can visit the presidential palace and the temple which is directly adjacent to the presidential palace.
- Sukawati Market, here you can visit the art market, the art market here is very famous among local tourists because it has cheap and negotiable prices.
Tips for Vacationing at Tegenungan Waterfall
- The best time to visit the Tegenungan waterfall is during the dry season, because during the rainy season the waterfall will become cloudy.
- It is highly recommended to use a private vehicle
- If you don’t want to get lost when using a private vehicle, it is recommended that you rent a car and its driver.
- Come in the morning and don’t be too late, the situation is not too hot
- Any day is not a problem when you visit this Tegenungan waterfall
If you want to take pictures, this place has beautiful spots to be the target of the photo object. Photographs of Tegenungan Waterfall are widely published on social media by tourists from within the country and abroad.
Must keep the environment clean by not littering, keep the surroundings clean and don’t take anything except photos.
And it is recommended that you also bring a change of clothes, so that when you finish playing in the water at the waterfall you still feel comfortable and you can continue to travel elsewhere.