Visa Bali Info – Let’s get to know the meaning of CHSE which is now the latest standard for the Indonesian tourism industry to rise after being affected by the pandemic.
CHSE is a Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy program in the form of implementing health protocols based on Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environment Sustainability.
Health and safety factors are one of the important aspects in the tourism industry in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic.
Most of the hotel and non-hotel businesses in Bali have received this CHSE certificate, this is very important for the economy during the pandemic.
What is CHSE ?
CHSE is a protocol for cleanliness, health, safety and environmental sustainability issued by the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy.
CHSE Certification is a process of granting certificates to Tourism Businesses, Tourism Destinations, and other Tourism Products to provide guarantees to tourists for the implementation of Hygiene, Health, Safety, and Environmental Sustainability.
This certification is free of charge. The CHSE certificate is valid for one year and can be extended based on the results of the reassessment.
The points in this criterion ;
- Availability of soap for washing hands and adequate hand washing facilities.
- Cleaning public spaces with disinfectants or other cleaning fluids that are safe for visitors.
- Free from disease-carrying animal vectors
- Clean toilet facilities are available.
- There are trash cans at several points in the lodging area that are clean and adequate.
The points that are considered for this criterion ;
- Avoid physical contact by maintaining a safe distance and preventing crowds.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose and mouth while in the hotel or lodging area.
- There is a body temperature check.
- PPE is available if needed.
- Implementing proper coughing and sneezing etiquette, as well as ensuring clean and hygienic eating utensils.
- The existence of simple medical equipment and supplies, such as a first aid kit.
- Good air circulation in public spaces, work spaces, and rooms.
- Handling if visitors experience health problems while doing activities in the hotel area.
Hotels or inns with CHSE have rescue procedures in case of an emergency. All staff have been trained on how to deal with emergencies, such as ;
- Procedures for self-rescue during a disaster.
- Availability of first aid kit.
- There is a fire extinguisher.
- There are assembly points and evaluation pathways.
- Turn off communication devices before leaving the room.
- The existence of media and mechanisms for handling emergency conditions.
Hotels and inns in urban areas also have a responsibility to protect the environment. Points to note are ;
- Use of equipment made of environmentally friendly materials.
- Efficient water and energy utilization system to maintain the ecosystem.
- The existence of a complete, healthy, and environmentally friendly waste and liquid waste treatment system so as not to endanger the residents and the surrounding habitat.
- Creating beautiful and comfortable environmental conditions, be it natural or technically engineered.
- There is monitoring and evaluation for the implementation of SOPs for cleanliness, health, and environmental sustainability.
The Purpose of CHSE
The aim of CHSE is to be a guide for actors in the Tourism and Creative Economy sector.
The purpose of this CHSE will make businesses related to tourism very important, where during the current pandemic the public’s interest in getting a vacation with health protocols is very important.
Implementation of the CHSE Certification Program for Business Actors, including :
- The tourism business includes tourist transportation services, hotels/homestays, restaurants/restaurants, to Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, Exhibitions (MICE).
- Other related businesses/facilities include tourist information centers, places for selling souvenirs and souvenirs, public toilets, and other tourism-related businesses or facilities.
- The community environment includes an administrative scope such as the Neighborhood Association, Village, or Hamlet which is part of a tourist area or adjacent to a tourist site.
- Tourist destinations include all destinations that are within the scope of the province: city/district or village/kelurahan.
727 Bali Hotels Receive CHSE Certification
A total of 727 hotels in Bali have obtained the Cleanliness, Health, Safety, and Environment Sustainability (CHSE) certification.
Hotels that already have a CHSE certificate will have standardization of the right implementation of tourism activities in the midst of Covid-19.
Chairman of the Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association (PHRI) of Badung Regency, I Gusti Agung Ngurah Rai Suryawijaya, said that the issuance of this health protocol certificate would provide a sense of security and comfort for tourists while on vacation on the Island of the Gods.
With the CHSE certification, now planning a vacation or traveling is not only comfortable but also safe. Such is the understanding of CHSE which is now a guide and standard in the tourism sector.