Visa Bali Info – Gili Trawangan, Indonesia, where most of its territory is in the form of water (ocean), of course the underwater beauty is unquestionable.
Then how to enjoy this beauty? Many places in Indonesia have the beauty of underwater biota that you deserve to visit when you are on vacation.
You can enjoy the beauty of underwater biota by snorkeling. Snorkeling is a swimming activity with the body still on the surface of the sea water.
You may have heard and read a lot about Gili Trawangan, well this time we will discuss about snorkeling on Gili Trawangan.
Gili Trawangan is one of thousands of dyke on the island of Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara. Gili Trawangan is the largest of the three other islands on the tip of the island of Lombok. Two other small islands named Gili Meno and Gili Air.
Gili Trawangan with a length of 3 km and a width of 2 km, an area of 2,954 meters, latitude 8º 20º – 8º 23º South Latitude and longitude 116º00º – 116º 08º East Longitude.
4 Snorkeling Spots on Gili Trawangan
There are 4 snorkeling spots on Gili Trawangan;
1. Meno Wall
Located in the western part of Gili Meno which is not far from Gili Trawangan, Meno Wall itself has a depth level that is sufficient to make you satisfied, about 18 meters.
Around this area there is also a sea trough, that’s where the amazing marine life is.
2. Coral Garden
Here you will be spoiled with colorful corals. With a depth that is shallow enough so that even those of you who are not very fluent in swimming, you don’t have to worry about seeing the beauty that is in this spot.
3. Bounty Wreck
Bounty Wreck is located in the southwest of Gili Meno which is not far from Gili Trawangan. This snorkeling spot has a ship that sank a long time ago, so it can be your vehicle when snorkeling in this area. Not only that, of course, the marine life in this area is quite diverse and no less beautiful.
4. Hans Reef
Having calm currents and clear water, Hans Reef is the right destination or destination. Your visibility will be very clear when you are in or in this spot.
The location which is not too far from Gili Trawangan and has a depth of about 14 meters to 24 meters is an attraction for you snorkeling lovers.
Snorkeling Schedule and Prices in Gili Trawangan
To get tickets, in addition to direct bookings at the location, you can also order via the internet at a travel agent that does provide snorkeling tour packages on Gili Trawangan.
For the snorkeling tour schedule from Gili Trawangan Lombok, there are two trips,
- First 10.30 – 15.00 WITA
- Second at 13.00 – 15.00 WITA
Keep in mind that 30 minutes before you have to check-in the departure location in the central area of Gili Trawangan, close to the fast boat pier.
For the average snorkeling tour price,
- IDR 125,000/person for the morning schedule
- IDR 150,000/pax for the afternoon schedule
- Departure Time : 09:00 and 12:30
(2x a day)
Well, it’s quite cheap, isn’t it, you can get around the three islands with a glass bottom boat, snorkeling activities including the equipment.
Tips When Snorkeling On Gili Trawangan Lombok
- The price for snorkeling above is the price when this article was written, prices and schedules can change at any time according to the situation and conditions.
- Buy a snorkeling package at the tour service counter after arriving on the island of Gili Trawangan, because the place is definitely available.
- Avoid using the services of brokers, and buy your own boat/boat tickets at the dock counter.
- Bring stock of money to buy drinks and food for lunch at your destination.
- For those who cannot swim, life jackets are provided.
- The price of food and drinks on Gili Air and Gili Meno will certainly be more expensive, especially in the restaurant. If you want to be more economical, you can bring food and drinks too.
- Bring a swimsuit and change of clothes as well as sunscreen.
- Bring bread to be given later to the fish under the sea, so your snorkeling event will be more fun.
- Also prepare a waterproof camera to capture the experience of tourism under the sea on the 3 dyke.
Hopefully the above review can provide information and references for those of you who are going on vacation to Gili Trawangan and will snorkel in the Lombok sea with the beauty of its marine life.