Visa4Bali – As a city that is also one of the favorite holiday destinations in the world, foreign tourists can’t wait to be able to visit the Island of the Gods, Bali. Of course, during a pandemic like the current one, traveling by air, sea, or land, either private or public, is allowed by maintaining the health protocols that are in place and fulfilling the conditions set by the government.
The government has opened its doors to tourists from 19 countries. PT Angkasa Pura I (Persero) also released new rules for foreign tourists entering Bali.
The Covid-19 Handling Task Force issued Circular Letter (SE) Number 1 of 2022 concerning Health Protocols for Overseas Travel during the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) Pandemic. This circular letter is effective from January 7, 2022 until a time specified later.
Provisions on Health Protocols As stated in the Circular :
- Overseas travelers with the status of Indonesian citizens (WNI) from abroad are allowed to enter Indonesia while still following the strict health protocols set by the government.
- Temporarily close the entry of foreign nationals (WNA), either directly or in transit in a foreign country, who have lived and/or visited within fourteen days from the country/region with the following criteria :
- Confirmed community transmission of new variants of SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.529: South Africa, Botswana, Norway and France;
- Countries/territories that are geographically close to significant community transmission of new variant B.1.1529: Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, and Lesotho; and/or
- Countries/regions with more than 10,000 confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1529: England and Denmark.
- Temporary closure of the entry of foreigners into Indonesian territory, either directly or in transit in foreign countries, except for travelers who meet the following criteria :
- Does not have travel history and/or stay within fourteen days from the country/region as referred to in number 2
- In accordance with the provisions in the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights (Permenkumham) Number 34 of 2021 concerning the Granting of Immigration Visas and Stay Permits in the Period of Handling the Spread of Corona Virus Disease 2019 and National Economic Recovery
- In accordance with the agreement scheme (bilateral), such as the travel corridor arrangement (TCA)
- Get special consideration/permission in writing from the ministry/institution (K/L)
- All foreign travelers, both Indonesian citizens and foreigners, must comply with the following requirements :
- Comply with the provisions of the health protocol set by the government
- Show that the card or certificate (physical or digital) has received the full dose of Covid-19 vaccine at least fourteen days before
As a requirement to enter Indonesia with the following conditions :
- Indonesian citizens and foreigners are required to show a card or certificate (physical or digital) that has received a full dose of the Covid-19 vaccine as a requirement to enter Indonesia.
- In the event that the Indonesian citizen has not received the vaccine abroad, he or she will be vaccinated at the quarantine site upon arrival in Indonesia after the second RT-PCR examination with a negative result is carried out.
- In the event that the foreigner has not received the vaccine abroad, he will be vaccinated in a quarantine place upon arrival in Indonesia after the second RT-PCR examination with a negative result is carried out.
- Foreigners who are already in Indonesia and will travel, both domestically and internationally, are required to vaccinate through a program or mutual cooperation scheme in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Obligation to show a Covid-19 vaccination card or certificate (physical or digital).
- The card or certificate (physical or digital) has received the full dose of the Covid-19 vaccine written in English, in addition to the language of the country of origin.
Overseas Travelers Travel Destinations Mandatory Attach
- Short visit visa or other entry permits in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Proof of ownership of health insurance with a minimum coverage value of 100 thousand United States Dollars which includes financing for handling Covid-19.
- Proof of booking confirmation and payment (booking) for accommodation from the accommodation provider while staying in Indonesia.
Overseas Travelers with Foreign Citizen Status with the Purpose of Traveling
- Foreign Citizens who do not have a travel history and/or stay within fourteen days from the country as referred to in number 2 may enter the territory of Indonesia with the following conditions:
- Via airport entry points in Bali and the Riau Islands
- In addition to the conditions / requirements, showing the card received the Covid-19 vaccine and a negative result of the RT-PCR test
The purpose of this Circular is to implement health protocols for foreign travelers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The purpose of this Circular is to monitor, control, and evaluate in order to prevent an increase in the transmission of Covid-19 including the new and future variants of SARS-CoV-2.